Sunday, September 9, 2012

70 Years Young

There is a couple who has changed my entire view on aging and getting older.  They made me reevaluate what I thought was old, and what age really meant.  They have managed to make me believe that the golden years really lie ahead of me, because of how enriched their lives are.

The couple in question: my Handsome Husband's Gradparents - Grandma Beach Bum and Grandpa Backgammon.

And on today, Grandma Beach Bum's 70th birthday, I have to reflect on how she really is 70 years young.


Grandma Beach Bum is fun-loving, kind, creative, sweet, innovative, energetic, and caring.  She is beautiful inside and out, and a blessing to everyone who she encounters.

Her and Gpa Backgammon do all these fabulous things - go to the beach, fun vacations, golfing, hosting parties and events at their home.  Heck, they are in Hawaii as we speak!

It is crazy for me to look back and remember just years ago thinking 70 was old, but how could I possibly feel that way now?  With a woman as inspiring and with so much to look foward to as Gma Beach Bum, who wouldn't want to age as gracefully and with as much joy surrounding their life as she has?

Happy Birthday, Grandma Beach Bum!
Thank you for changing the way I see things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Folks like this are ridiculously inspiring! They make me wanna spice up my life!

Jamie said...

She's gorgeous. She looks incredible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...